Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bar application FINALLY finished!

And once I mail it tomorrow by overnight mail, it should even get to the bar examiners with a couple of days to spare.  I've been working on this beast all day, and it really wasn't as terrible as I had made it in my mind.  After sitting for about 7 hours, gathering papers, locating addresses and calling creditors, it's finally done.  I think that someone could make a killing by starting a company to fill out bar applications for applicants.  Anyone out there is welcome to steal my business idea, because we all know that based on my procrastination of filling out the form, that wouldn't be an ideal career choice for me.  Of course, there's also the issue that you have to certify that you filled it out, write a little essay about a professional responsibility rule, and certify the information is correct, and blah blah blah.  But maybe Maryland could take a hint from the IRS, and just put a signature line for the application preparer, create a duty for the applicant to review the application and ensure it's correct, and then make the applicant liable for any mistakes on the form.  

Anyway, it's done.  I'd celebrate with a beer, but I managed to get kind of sick all of a sudden (perhaps from standing in the rain for a couple hours at a concert?), so I think I'll celebrate with some ice cream instead.  I'll be moving on to thank you notes for the rest of the evening, so I can send those out tomorrow too.  I'm not sure if people were sending me graduation gifts, or retainers.  

No comments: