Thursday, May 29, 2008

I like my bar prep class so far, aside from it taking place from 6 until 9:30 or 10 each night.  Tonight class goes until 10, which means that I'll have to watch the Lost season finale over the weekend.  I did manage to watch Top Chef last night though, and I can't believe Lisa is still there.

I'm still not stressed out about the bar, which might be because I'm mostly studying torts this week.  It's a more interesting subject area, partly because of all of the crazy hypotheticals.  If the bar exam was 100% torts questions, I could pass it today.  After sitting through a lecture about torts though, it's amazing to me how little substantive law you can get away with knowing for the bar.  

Random Maryland tort fact of the day:  In Maryland, be careful about impugning a woman's chastity, because it's defamation per se (which seems easier to prove than regular old defamation, because you don't need proof of economic damages, just proof that the statement was defamatory on its face).  But you can impugn a man's chastity all you want.  Although, this in no way constitutes legal advice, since I'm not a lawyer.

No comments: