Sunday, May 25, 2008

Not much to update on because my bar prep class doesn't start until Tuesday night.  I figured by this point, I'd start to get stressed out about the bar, and that would motivate me to study.  Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case, and despite being sick for about a week, I've immensely enjoyed not studying and not having classes.  The most exciting part about getting ready for the bar so far has been buying school supplies to make studying for the bar easier.  These are a few of my favorites that I've accumulated so far:

Supposedly, I will be making a lot of flash cards over the course of the summer.  As far as flash cards go, I really like the green ones on the upper left, because they're on a key ring, which makes them extremely portable.  I used these a lot in the last year or two of law school, except that I found making the flash cards to be much more useful to my learning than actually carrying around and reviewing them.  The greenish notebook thing on the left is my three-ring binder, which I bought right before finals this semester.  I convinced myself that I needed it because I had four exams in four days, and that this would give me an organized way to carry around my notes.  It worked pretty well, so I'm going to use it again for the bar.  The shiny pink butterfly notebook was specifically for the bar.  I need a notebook to bring to class, and I wasn't about to spend $5.99 on one of those Five Star deals, so instead, I spent $1.99 for pink and shiny butterflies.  
And no, I will not be headed back to fifth grade in the fall, despite what my taste in notebooks might indicate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You may not be headed to fifth grade this fall, but I will. I'll be student teaching in a fifth grade class in the next town over. I'm thinking of writing a blog about the experience, inspired by your blog about taking the bar.