Thursday, July 31, 2008

I survived

The bar exam is over, the celebration ended, and I'm back in D.C. I don't feel wonderful about the experience, but I feel like I at least have a shot at passing, so I'm just going to hold onto that hope and wait for the results in November.

So, my predictions were pretty spot on. The Constitutional law question was First Amendment, contracts was tested in two questions, and there was an entire criminal law question, but it wasn't tested quite to the extent that I thought it would be. I was very surprised that there was no Civil Procedure question, which was kind of disappointing since I usually do really well on those essays. The lack of civ. pro. was made even more disappointing by the appearance of a U.C.C. 9 question, although it wasn't as miserable as it could have been.

The part of the exam that worried me the most was that the guy sharing my table didn't wear a watch. There were also no clocks in the convention center, so I have no idea how he managed his time, and could figure out when to move on to the next question.

Thanks for all of the wishes of good luck and support throughout the summer, let's hope I don't have to do this again!

1 comment:

medstrike said...

You survived it! Way to go.
I remember going up to Temple Law School the first day to take the PA bar essays and there were people sitting on the floor with their study guides - if you don't know it by now.... the multistate was the next day - after which we went to HA Winston's (now Fado) at 15th & Locust, had dinner and one or two beers, then headed up the lovely NJ Tpk to Newark, where we stayed overnight and took the NJ essays the next day. Then we waited three months for the results. I passed both states first time and will never take another bar exam. All this to allow me to work this weekend when i should be at the shore to get ready for a jury trial Monday.